Here are a few of our favorite things about Five Points:
- The Gourmet Shop – A must for breakfast or lunch as the food and atmosphere is pretty amazing. This is a great spot but be prepared to wait a few minutes (ok more than a few minutes) to get a table. However, the wait it totally worth your while and the café is attached to a really cool kitchen store that sells fresh baked goods, meats, wines and really anything else you could possibly want for your kitchen or your mouth. Explore while you wait…that’s what we do! https://thegourmetshop.net/
- Drip – Almost like a boutique coffee bar, Drip has a hipster vibe with great slow drip coffees and unique flavor pairings. EX: Vanilla Habanero Latte….it will not disappoint! http://dripcolumbia.com/
- Five Pts. Fountain – This is the heart of Five Pts. and the Five Pts. Fountain is a common meeting point for local events. In the summers, the fountain plays host to Five After Five which is a concert series with food and beverage trucks. Always a great time!
- Cruisin the Tree Lined Streets of Shandon – You’ll have to work off all that Gourmet Shop chicken salad somehow! What better way than to walk or bike through Shandon’s beautiful tree lined streets and shaded sidewalks. Conveniently located right by Five Pts., Shandon is one of Columbia’s oldest neighborhoods and the houses make for some pretty good eye candy!
- Delaney’s Irish Pub – This unique atmosphere offers a true pub experience, especially during Columbia’s St. Patrick’s Day event. Their endless menu and beers on tap (for those of you 21 and over) make it a great choice for any other day of the year as well! https://www.facebook.com/DelaneysMusicPub
The Tour de Columbia blog post series helps give an overview of Columbia’s various areas and a sampling of our favorite places and things to do within each. We hope that if you are new to Columbia, this helps you discover all that the city has to offer. Already live in Columbia? Maybe we can help you find something new!
~Ansley & Ferris