Fall is one of our favorite seasons in Columbia! It means it’s time for Carolina football! Since the USC/Texas A&M game is an away game, we thought we would share some of our favorite places to watch the games.
• Henry’s – On Devine St. with a casual atmosphere, Henry’s is one of our favorite places to hang out with good food and friends and watch the game …if you’re lucky, you can even get a spot on their covered patio! (Order the “Carolina Cheese Fries” and thank us later!) www.henrysgrillandbar.com
• Publik House – A little farther down Devine St. you’ll notice what might look like an old Irish Pub….walk inside, grab a seat at the bar and order wings (preferably spicy teriyaki). Don’t worry about what to do during halftime, for a few quarters you and your friends can entertain yourselves with a riveting game of billiards or darts! publick-house.com
• Thirsty Fellow – If you like to be in the heart of the action but still couldn’t get a ticket to the game, you can stay on campus and partake in the game watching at Thirsty Fellow. Right across from the Greek Village, this spot is pretty convenient and it doesn’t hurt that they have great food at friendly prices. Point in case…Gorgonzola Potato Chips = $6.50 for a whole basket of homemade potato chips smothered in delicious gorgonzola cheese. As a bonus, it’s the perfect size for sharing on a college budget! www.thirstyfellow.com
• Tin Roof – If you’re more interested in the company and less interested in the game, Tin Roof is the place for you! A typical experience features games on their multiple TV’s but also live music and a really good chicken quesadilla! http://www.tinroofbars.com/home/columbia
• Cock N Bull – For the more relaxed fans, we recommend this quaint neighborhood bar located off of Rosewood. Previously an old house turned pub, this place oozes in coolness. Don’t be fooled by all the soccer and rugby paraphernalia, they also play “Real Football” (haha) on their multiple TVs in the fall and offer really good pub food! www.thecocknbullpub.net
Go Gamecocks! Have a great weekend everyone – Jennifer