It can be difficult unpacking and settling into your new home, Olive wanted to share a few tips she’s learned recently:
• Don’t procrastinate – make a goal to unpack a box or two a day. If you pace yourself, it’ll be easier to organize and it won’t be so overwhelming.
• Pack an overnight bag for your first night – pack all of your essentials in one box that will include things you will need for your first night/day in a new place, including toothpaste, toothbrush, phone charger, medications, hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.
• When unpacking, start with your bed – get your bed set up first, that way after a long day of moving/unpacking, you can go straight to sleep.
• Anticipate future needs – go ahead and line your cabinets and drawers with shelf paper before unpacking.
• Kitchen – unpack your kitchen essentials first, start with your plates, cups and silverware and you can move onto the bigger items later.
• Make the space your own – hang pictures and place family photos around the house to make it feel more like home.